An easy start to getting your glow back is by exfoliation. There are many different types of exfoliation from gentle to intensive. Over-exfoliation can increase damage and sensitivity. Always look for an exfoliant specifically for your skin type and remember to follow its directions:
- For mild exfoliation, try an exfoliating cleanser like Jan Marini Clean Zyme Face Cleanser. Its incredibly effective formula utilizes papaya enzymes to naturally exfoliate, and it's gentle enough for sensitive and post-procedure skin!
- For more intense exfoliation, try an exfoliating mask or peel like Sircuit Skin Double Trouble. A favorite among clients, this potent 5% L-lactic acid at-home peel is full of antioxidants and vitamins to treat fine lines, wrinkles, dryness and uneven skin tone.. not to mention, it smells divine!
- For no-fuss everyday exfoliation, don't forget your Clarisonic!
Struggling with dark spots after too much summer sun? If exfoliation isn't enough to even your skin tone, check out our Skin Lightening products. Some will provide all over brightening, while others are intense spot treatments. Popular ingredients may include hydroquinone, kojic acid or arbutin. There are also many other lightening formulas that are more gentle and still effective. For customized advice on lightening products, please leave us a comment and we'll find the right products just for you!
Struggling with dry skin? You may need to switch over to a heavier moisturizer. There are so many options available, we'll help break it down:
- Serum Moisturizers, like Avene Hydrance Optimale Hydrating Serum, will deeply penetrate skin and aid in healing as well. Great for all skin types, serum moisturizers help enhance the moisturizing power of any additional moisturizer you apply.
- Gel Moisturizers, like GlyMed Plus Ultra Hydro Gel, provide lightweight hydration and are usually recommended for oily or acneic skin types.
- Lotion Moisturizers fall somewhere in the middle as far as moisturizing strength and consistency. However, there are so many different varieties, that there's an option for every skin type.
- Cream Moisturizers, like G.M. Collin Nutrivital Cream, are heavier in consistency and offer deep moisturization that comforts skin while replenishing lost moisture.
With summer coming to an end, you might become lazy about applying your sunscreen. Applying your sunscreen EVERYDAY will reinforce protection, improving your damaged skin and protecting it from further damage. If you're not using a Vitamin C product everyday, this is also a great time to start! Vitamin C replenishes skin, lightens dark spots, brightens overall skin tone, aids in treating and preventing fine lines and wrinkles, and protects skin from environmental damage... really, what doesn't it do?!
Getting your glow back after the summer is easy with exfoliation, brightening, moisturizing and protection!
Until next time...stay tuned and stay beautiful!