The following may all sound like a lot of work, but the results are truly amazing and far less intrusive than other options like cosmetic surgery. Just take a look at these!
If you are having a LIGHT peel done, then no preparation is needed for your skin, although you can opt to do a Microdermabrasion a week or so before to simply enhance your results.
For a MEDIUM or DEEP peel the following preparations will remove dead skin cells to allow the peel to penetrate even deeper allowing for optimal results. Remember, this would all be based on your Professional Recommendations by a Licensed Professional performing your peel.
- Having Microdermabrasion sessions prior to your peel
- Using a retinol product to help exfoliate your skin a week to 10 days prior to the peel. Several of these products are often recommended from our site such as: CosMedix Define, Avene Retrinal, and a VERY POPULAR option is the CosMedix Peel Prep Kit
For a LIGHT peel, you would simply want to make certain that you are wearing a sunblock since your skin will be more susceptible to sun damage.
For a MEDIUM or DEEP peel the following post procedure steps are vitally important to not only prevent damage, but allow for your skin to properly heal and provide the absolute best results.
- Sunblock, sunblock, sunblock! While your skin is peeling to reveal the amazing new skin underneath it is crucial that you protect it by using a true sunblock. Many aestheticians will recommend a sunblock containing zinc or a broad spectrum. The following are good choices: Glytone Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 40, Glytone Sunscreen Spray Mist SPF 50, CosMedix Reflect, and EltaMD UV Daily Broad Spectrum SPF40
- APPLY LITTLE PRESSURE! Your skin will be incredibly sensitive while peeling, so make certain your apply as little pressure as possible.
- NO PICKING! This can be incredibly difficult for some, but by peeling the access skin, you can actually cause damage.
- Use of a lubricating ointment such as CosMedix Rescue
- Use of a toner to help balance and revitalize your skin such as: Obagi Nu-Derm Toner 2 or Dermalogica Multi-Active Toner
If you're in the Austin area and would like a FREE CONSULTATION with Alana, she can be reached at Austin PhotoFacial 512-468-7502.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post and we will be happy to answer.
Until next time....stay tuned and stay beautiful!