Personally, I would more than likely never go to a salon for a Fanny Facial. I suppose it's just a comfort level issue, but I feel like no one needs to see my Fanny unless it's my husband! However, I do see and understand the need for such a service. Let's face it, our fanny is skin and can get blackheads, pimples, etc just like our face. I will be completely honest and say my fanny gets completely neglected...heck, I hadn't even looked at it in forever until today! The only attention my fanny gets is in the shower I have a separate Clarisonic head for my body and the fanny gets some Clarisonic washing every shower.
- Make sure your fanny is clean. I used the iS Clinical Body Complex along with my Clarisonic (have a separate brush head obviously)
- Blot dry with a towel
- Exfoliate - you can most likely use the same thing as you do on your face or use a PMD with a separate head (that's what I did....yes, I microdermed my fanny people! and I have to say I like the results)
- Rinse if needed and blot dry again
- Treat any possible bumps by either product or extraction
- Moisturize or self tan - I have been using my Xen-Tan to keep some color during the summer, so since I had exfoliated and the area was primed for tanning, I went ahead and used my Xen-Tan instead of a lotion. If you had any areas that you treated with product for acne, then I wouldn't use the Xen-Tan...just not sure how it might react.
Until next time.....stay tuned and stay beautiful!