I figured the first thing to start off with is the actual definition of natural and organic. Natural is defined as existing in or formed by nature. Organic is defined as a substance of animal or vegetable origin. The USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) National Organic Program's definition of organic is "a labeling term that indicates that the food or other agricultural product has been produced through approved methods. These methods integrate cultural, biological, and mechanical practices that foster cycling of resources, promote ecological balance, and conserve biodiversity. Synthetic fertilizers, sewage sludge, irradiation, and genetic engineering may not be used.”
So, it's all perfectly clear now, right? :) Everyone is going to have their own preferences, opinions, and needs when deciding how far to go with natural and organic products. The FIRST thing I would advise....ALWAYS READ THE INGREDIENT LABELS! If you are truly wanting to go all natural, then you will need to do your research. Many brands that claim to be natural in fact only use some plant extracts and other natural ingredients so you always want to read your labels. If you prefer the organic route, then look for an organic seal or if the product is actually certified as organic. The USDA Organic Seal indicates that the product contains at least 95% organic ingredients. There is also a secondary seal indicating the product contains at least 70% of organic ingredients. It typically reads "Made with Certified Organic Ingredients.
Many organic cosmetic brands offer an assortment of different levels of organic certification and individual products are labeled according to their percentage of certified organic ingredients. Different countries and continents have their own organic certification programs and seals, so if purchasing over seas...you will want to do your research as to what their standards are and any differences there may be from your preferences.
We have several natural and organic brands for you to choose from and our courteous staff is always available to offer you assistance with any of your concerns. Check out our brands below!
- Kusco-Murphy - never tested on animals, are 100% vegetarian, and all of their packaging is recyclable
- MOP (Modern Organic Products) -simple, natural, organic, and an easy hair care line
- ABBA - all natural, environmentally friendly, and a 100% vegan product line
- Phytologie - most effective active ingredients available in the botanical world to maintain and achieve healthy-looking hair and reveal its natural beauty with earth friendly packaging
- Macadamia Natural - combines two of the world's most valuable and beneficial oils, Macadamia and Argan, to provide the ultimate in hair rejuvenation and maintenance
- BioElements - no harsh chemicals, ingredients derived from nature, and never tested on animals
- Cosmedix - unique blend of natural, yet powerful, ingredients protects already-damaged skin from the harshness of artificial chemicals and are Paraben free: Using only holistic, plant-based ingredients, like witch hazel, vitamins A and C or jasmine to protect its natural, paraben-free formulas
- Gunila of Sweden AKTA - offers the highest in nutrients, minerals and antioxidants while also never basing their products with water, oil, or chemicals. The result is an amazingly effective product.
- Elaine Gregg - All natural, nourishing, and age reversal products
- gloMinerals Makeup - finest pharmaceutical-grade ingredients, triple-milled high-pigment minerals, and an advanced antioxidant complex of Vitamins A, C, and E and green tea extract
- Hempz Body Care - contains pure organic hemp seed oil rich in essential fatty acids, vitamins E, C, B1, B2, and B6
- CUCCIO Naturale - natural product line who never tests on animals and is actively involved to end animal testing
Until next time.....stay tuned and stay beautiful!